The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
How do I create a Credit Note?
Created on 2019-09-26 14:13:20; Last updated on 2021-10-17 19:00:29
1. Locate the Invoice to be credited
Credit Notes must ALWAYS reference an invoice that exists on Tradeshift.
Search for submitted Invoices in Document Manager for which you want to create a Credit Note.
Click document to view it.
2. Create Credit Note
Click on Create Credit Note.
3. Credit Note for PO Invoice
DO NOT CHANGE - Invoice Number and Purchase Order numbers are automatically populated
- DO NOT CHANGE - Purchase Order number populated automatically
- DO NOT CHANGE - Purchase Order line number and Invoice line number are populated
- Populate PO Line Number (must be the same as Purchase Order line number - as per above)
4. Credit Note for Non-PO Invoice
- DO NOT CHANGE - Invoice line number is pre-populated
- For Non-PO Credit Notes, the HSBC Purchase Order field must be removed - simply click on the X
- Both HSBC contact’s email address and HSBC Contact Name fields are mandatory
- DO NOT CHANGE: Invoice line number is pre-populated
- PO Line number: MUST BE BLANK
5. Credit Note - Additional Information
- Add any Notes or Attachments as required
- Click "Discard" if you want to stop creating a CN
- Click "Save as draft" if you want to save the Credit Note and resume later
- Once ready to submit a Credit Note, click Preview first, then resolve issues (if any) and Send a CN
5. Check status
- You can check your document status in the Document Manager
- Click on a document to view it
6. Credit Note status updated on the document
The current status of the document is visible on the Top right corner of the Credit Note too.
0 people found this helpful.