The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
3 Methods for Sending Invoices via Tradeshift
Tradeshift has made it possible and easy for any business to invoice their customers - no matter the invoice volume. Depending on the volume of invoices you send, we recommend the following options:
The ‘PO flip’ methodHSBC Group preferred method - not available in Germany
This method reduces invoice to PO matching errors
HSBC Group will be delivering all Purchase Orders via the Tradeshift Platform. These can be turned into an invoice and returned to HSBC Group via the platform. All relevant information from the Purchase Order is automatically retained during the flip process for speed and accuracy.
The 'Web Interface' methodFor low volume invoices
HSBC Group Suppliers can key and submit invoices directly into Tradeshift
This method should be considered for invoices not related to HSBC Group Purchase Orders.
The ‘Integration- file transfer’ methodFor large volumes of invoices
For our high-volume suppliers we offer an integration approach to sending and receiving files which means a direct link between their ERP and Tradeshift. You will be contacted by Tradeshift and HSBC Group directly who will work with you to get set up.
We recommend you check the supported EDI formats here with your IT department.
Invoice Validation Rules
What are validation rules and why are they important?
Validation rules ensure that the vendor provides information in all the required fields. HSBC Group can then process the invoice quickly and efficiently without any unnecessary exceptions or delay.
For HSBC Group Invoice Validation rules, please follow the link
IMPORTANT NOTE: When submitting an invoice please do not share any beneficiary details i.e., Account Number, IBAN, beneficiary account name in the free text fields.
Where do I get help?
The Knowledge Base (contained within the Support Center) contains articles and FAQs that will tell you everything you need to know about HSBC Group's project with Tradeshift!
Tradeshift University is Tradeshift’s own e-learning space with video guides in English for everything related to using the platform and its products. It is available for logged-in users only, in the Tradeshift Production environment, by clicking on the University App icon from your left hand panel or the link included above.
HSBC Group will be able to help answer questions about the non-receipt of purchase orders, incorrect purchase order details and invoice payment queries. Please click here to view your regional HSBC Group procurement support contact information.
For self-service suppliers using the Platform solution only:
- Suppliers based in Indonesia, Philippines, Macao, Mexico (invoicing to HSBC Indonesia, Philippines, Macao, Mexico branches): Please find here the invoicing guide which is presented in the webinar on the 12th & 18th July 2023. You can find the recording of one of the sessions here.
- Suppliers based in Singapore & Australia: Please find here the invoicing guide which is presented in the webinar on the 14th, 16th & 21st March 2023. You can find the recording of one of the sessions here.
- Suppliers based in the United States (invoicing to HSBC US branches): Please find here the invoicing guide which is presented in the webinar on the 11th & 13th April 2023. You can find the recording of one of the sessions here.
- Suppliers based in Malaysia (invoicing to HSBC Malaysia branches): Please find here the invoicing guide which is presented in the webinar on the 19th April 2023. You can find the recording of the session here.
- Suppliers based in France (invoicing to HSBC France branches): Please find here the invoicing guide which is presented in the webinar on the 16th, 23rd & 30th May 2023. You can find the recording of one of the sessions here.
For any technical problems when using the application, submit a support request here or once you login, access the Tradeshift Support Chat by following the steps described here. Please be informed that the Tradeshift Support Chat is Live Monday to Friday, 3:00am to 11:59pm CET time zone.